Look, I know it may not feel like it, but scaling is the most soulful thing you can do for your business. Why? Because it allows your business to continue growing without more effort from you. Eventually, your effort will be at a very sustainable level… imagine 20-25 hours a week. That’s my goal! Right now I am working about 30-35 hours a week as a 6 figure business. As I continue to scale, that number of hours will decrease.
With that extra time you gain from scaling, you have the freedom to start truly living your life – going on more hikes, traveling to places you’ve longed to visit, going to yoga more regularly, hiring a spiritual mentor or an astrologer to help you uncover more of your sacred purpose, or donating your time to a cause you hold dear to your heart. The possibilities are endless.
But first, you need to scale your business.
It doesn’t matter where you are in your business. You can start scaling immediately. You do not need extra time to scale. You just have to shift your priorities.
9 Reasons to Scale Your Business
- It frees up your time. When you scale, it means that you are putting systems in place to allow your business to grow (bring in new leads, sell your products) without your manual effort. This naturally will free up your time. YAY!
- It grows your income. Scaling means to grow, so naturally your income will see an increase. When you take yourself out of the equation and stop trading your time for sales (money), you can start to ramp up your lead generation on auto pilot, creating more sales! Because you are only one person, there is a cap on how many people you can reach one-on-one. Automating your lead generation is the next step in the growth of your business.
- It can give you true freedom. You started your business to gain time and income… true freedom, yes? But it can be a slippery slope when it comes to your time. I see way too many business owners who have become slaves to their business, never taking time for themselves, never getting enough sleep, spending little time with their family, going on vacation only for a ‘business trip’. When you scale and start to increase your time and income, you start to create true freedom in your life!
- It sets boundaries. Automation gives you space to create more boundaries. When you first start your business, it feels like there are no boundaries. Every morsel of time you have you put into building your business. I GET THAT. And depending on your situation, that may be necessary. But at some point that has to shift if you want your business to be sustainable for the long-term. Boundaries as an entrepreneur are so important. If you fail to set boundaries and abide by them, you will burnout, and that just leads to joy-less work, which is so the opposite of why you are an entrepreneur in the first place! Don’t fall into that trap! Allow automation to come into your space. It’s part of taking your business to the next level!
- It allows for easier delegation. Look, at some point we are going to need to hire help in order to continue scaling our business. By setting up systems to automate, it becomes much easier to bring people in as employees. Why?? Because you aren’t controlling everything anymore, it will be much easier for someone else to come in and oversee things or to be a project manager.
- It sets you apart as an influencer. Scaling will set you apart in your industry and also for your audience. They will notice that you spend more time on your messaging, and you’ll have more time to give them as a student or client. Becoming an influencer will also create a healthy gap between you and your audience, which puts you in higher demand, meaning more people will want to work with you.
- It filters prospects for you. We are always looking for people who are serious, people who are ready to go the distance with us, people to join our team or our clients. We want people who are resourceful and can get things done without hand-holding. When you automate your sales process, the people who really want to join you WILL, meaning that it is an automatic filter for you. This saves you even more time because the people you will be signing to your team will be ready to take action without expecting your constant one-on-one hand-holding. When we talk to prospects one-on-one in the sales process for months, convincing them to join us, they will need that convincing the entire time they are with us. Let the automation tools you set up in your business do the filtering for you!
- It’s easier to tap into a cold market. A cold market is cold, and it’s gonna take some time to get to know them. By using social media, social media advertising, sales funnels and email marketing, you can start to really cultivate a relationship with people who at one time had no clue who you were! And don’t forget… business cannot survive if you are only relying on your warm market. People leave, people find other mentors, people find new things to learn and do. You need to have a solid way, a sustainable way, that continues to reach and to bring in a cold market!
- It creates a space to get crystal clear on your message. Because you are reaching people from afar and not one-on-one, you have to use language that your person uses…. And when I say your person, I mean your target market. Who are you serving?? What does she need/want/desire/struggle with? If you speak directly to her, your message will become crystal clear. And as stated earlier, because scaling and automation allows for more time, we can use that time to create better copy and content that speaks to our people!
We are told OVER and OVER that in order to be successful in business, we have to show up everyday and do the things that others won’t so we can have what others don’t. Have you ever stopped to question that belief? What if your business could be built on doing the things you loved, while all the rest of the tasks you drug your feet on were set up through systems and automation? How different would your business look? How much lighter would you feel about your daily work load? When you SCALE your business, you learn to take those mundane tasks off our plate through automation or delegation.
If you’re an audio/visual learner, you can dive deeper here >>> www.sarahtry.com/reasons2scale